City & Guilds
This course will help you to understand flavours, aromas and the different characteristics of a variety of coffees from around the world.
• The origin of coffee, the plant, process and distribution across the globe.
• Understanding the product, de-caf, flavours and blending. • Espresso, learning about how they work and how to work with them to make perfect espresso.
• How to steam milk; learn about how to produce micro foam, the tiny bubbles that make a drink sweet, more-ish and delicious.
• Coffee drinks menu, you will cover all the drinks and how to achieve a balanced taste, consistency and fantastic appearance for your customer.
• The origin of tea, from green to oolong, an essential area for Baristas to know about, but often forgotten.
• Water quality and filtration, a integral part of the process that is important to understand.
• Smoothies, recipes and technique will be covered. The origin of cocoa, the plant, harvest and process that is involved in making chocolate.
• Filter coffee, the variety of brewing methods and the taste behind them.
• Professional customer service, looking at how to manage your customers needs, requests, compliments and complaints. • The VRQ qualification covers parts of the industry, product and service that so many Baristas know little to nothing about. With this knowledge you not only have an incredible advantage, you also have the official accreditation to work with some of the leading restaurants, bars and cafes in the industry.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Duration : 2 day – 10am till 4.30pm
- Qualification : City & Guilds Barista
- Cost Per Person : £695.00
City & Guilds Barista
Contact us for course dates and further details.
Enquire about this course
WORDS From students
“We have worked with Jim Watson on numerous Barista Employability courses run in partnership with Job Centre Plus. These courses have been fundamental in providing individuals with key skills to assist them in gaining employment in the Barista/Hospitality industry. Jim has a great rapour with the trainees and makes the course interesting and fun! Jim in extremely knowledgeable and give the individuals a solid foundation in which to start their barista career. ”
“Recommend it to anyone who wants to immerse deeper into the world of coffee or those who wants to take a career in coffee more seriously. I was a beginner and the training was fun and rewarding. Jim made sure I practiced enough to be familiar with the essential preparation for delivering THE cup of coffee. I will never ever look at the coffee machine and my coffee the same way again!”
“One of the luckiest things that has ever happened to me is stumbling across Jim Watson through a Google search for ‘barista training in Scotland’. I honestly feel as though Jim cares as much about the success of my business as I do. Jim gives 110% to everything he does and I would recommend his training without reservation. Support from Jim does not stop when the training session ends, he’s always at the end of a phone and nothing seems to be too much bother, a rare quality these days!”