SCAE Barista Professional
With the growth in the coffee culture being a barista is so much more than just a short term job to earn some extra money whilst studying.
The opportunities to rise through the ranks to be a trainer or manager, or even run your own café mean that coffee training and barista training courses are an investment that can pay off for those with the dedication and the love of coffee to take their career to the highest level. Aimed at those who have been working as a barista for a year or more and have all the skills needed to prepare a range of drinks commonly ordered, and the knowledge of both the beans, and the preparation methods used to create a great cup of coffee.
Based in Bathgate West Lothian, the Scottish Barista School is a leading provider in coffee training and barista training, we offer courses in Glasgow and Edinburgh, although if you have special requirements let us know and we’ll do our best to arrange a tailored course for you and your employees. Contact us for upcoming courses date and locations and to discuss your exact requirements. We offer the SCAE modules and diploma, meaning you gain a recognised qualification to allow you to continue on your chosen career path.
Our courses give you the practical skills to move up the career ladder and take your coffee brewing skills to the next level, so our courses are hands on and give you the chance to develop your taste buds by sampling the various coffee on offer throughout the day.
Successful candidates will gain the skills to…
• Understand and describe blends in terms of their origins varieties and processing methods used, as well as their roast degree.
• Explain what various beans and blend components contribute to the finished cup of coffee.
• Adjust the brewing parameters to achieve the desired body and flavour.
• Evaluate the grinder features and other machines used in a professional environment.
• Develop knowledge of the science behind the perfect cup of coffee, including why milk foams, and the perfect dosing and tamping techniques.
• Work with the extraction parameters and measurement techniques, as well as problem solving and troubleshooting; the most common issues baristas come across.
• Design and run a successful café, including workspace and café layout, the health, safety and hygiene, as well as the customer service techniques required.
Before starting on this course it is mandatory that you have completed the SCAE Barista skills Intermediate, and it is recommended you complete the Introduction to Coffee, Barista Skills-Foundation as well as SCAE Brewing and Grinding foundation and intermediate.
If becoming a professional barista or taking the next step in your career as a professional barista is your goal then sign up now, we have various courses available, contact us for future dates and to discuss your requirements. We look forward to seeing you on a course soon.
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Duration : 3 day – 10am till 4.30pm
- Qualification : SCAE Barista Skills Professional
- Number of Points : 25 points towards the Diploma
- Cost Per Person : £865.00
SCAE Barista Skills Professional
Enquire about this course
WORDS From our students
“We have worked with Jim Watson on numerous Barista Employability courses run in partnership with Job Centre Plus. These courses have been fundamental in providing individuals with key skills to assist them in gaining employment in the Barista/Hospitality industry. Jim has a great rapour with the trainees and makes the course interesting and fun! Jim in extremely knowledgeable and give the individuals a solid foundation in which to start their barista career. ”
“Recommend it to anyone who wants to immerse deeper into the world of coffee or those who wants to take a career in coffee more seriously. I was a beginner and the training was fun and rewarding. Jim made sure I practiced enough to be familiar with the essential preparation for delivering THE cup of coffee. I will never ever look at the coffee machine and my coffee the same way again!”
“One of the luckiest things that has ever happened to me is stumbling across Jim Watson through a Google search for ‘barista training in Scotland’. I honestly feel as though Jim cares as much about the success of my business as I do. Jim gives 110% to everything he does and I would recommend his training without reservation. Support from Jim does not stop when the training session ends, he’s always at the end of a phone and nothing seems to be too much bother, a rare quality these days!”