SCAE Barista Intermediate
Join us on a journey through the history, development and most importantly the making of a perfect cup of coffee, the SCAE Introduction to Coffee will stimulate both your mind and your taste buds.
Aimed at people who have the skills of a barista that has been working for 6 months or more in the coffee industry, and already has the foundation knowledge of brewing coffee and serving customer,the SCAE Barista Skills (Intermediate) will give you the training and skills you need, and provide you with a recognised qualification to further your confidence and career.
The Scottish Barista School is a leading provider in coffee training and barista training, based in Bathgate West Lothian, we offer courses nationwide, although the majority of our courses are in or around Glasgow and Edinburgh. Contact us for upcoming courses date and locations and to discuss your exact requirements. We offer the SCAE modules which can lead to diploma, meaning you gain a recognised qualification to allow you to continue on your chosen career path.
As with all our courses your training will be hands on, and you will get the chance to taste various recipes and blends throughout the day. Meaning the skills you learn are reinforced and you can put them to use as soon as you return from the course.
Successful candidates will gain the skills to…
• Be able to identify the geographic origins of a variety of coffees, and understand the flavour and body expected of various blends.
• Extend their knowledge of the species and subspecies of coffee bean, and what these will do to the flavour, as well as being able to identify 2 subspecies of Arabica beans.
• Be aware of the different processing methods of coffee beans, and what this will mean for the body and flavour after brewing.
• The layout and use of key equipment, and the importance of hygiene, safety, cleaning and maintenance of the equipment.
• Dosing and grinding methods, and how to make the adjustments to these processes to take your coffee a stage further.
• Producing a balanced espresso, and how to correct any imbalances that may occur.
• Getting the milk right, how the composition of milk will affect the foaming and stability of the foam, as well as examining the alternatives and their limitations and what you need to do to ensure these foam as well as regular milk.
• Free pour latte art patterns, and preparing a range of drinks.
• How to deal with customers, those with complex orders, those with problems and how you can make their experience as well as their coffee as close to perfect as possible.
Have you completed our Introduction to Coffee and our Barista Skills Foundation coffee training courses? Whilst these are not mandatory it is highly recommended that you complete these courses beforehand. This Barista Skills Intermediate is a mandatory course for other courses that you might continue on to, such as the Barista Skills Professional, or why not consider our Grinding and Brewing courses to add more depth to your CV.
Sign up now for one of our popular courses.
- Skill Level : Intermediate
- Duration : 2 day – 10am till 4.30pm
- Qualification : SCAE Barista Skills Intermediate
- Number of Points : 10 points towards the Diploma
- Cost Per Person : £595.00
SCAE Intermediate Barista Course
Enquire about this course
WORDS From our students
“We have worked with Jim Watson on numerous Barista Employability courses run in partnership with Job Centre Plus. These courses have been fundamental in providing individuals with key skills to assist them in gaining employment in the Barista/Hospitality industry. Jim has a great rapour with the trainees and makes the course interesting and fun! Jim in extremely knowledgeable and give the individuals a solid foundation in which to start their barista career. ”
“Recommend it to anyone who wants to immerse deeper into the world of coffee or those who wants to take a career in coffee more seriously. I was a beginner and the training was fun and rewarding. Jim made sure I practiced enough to be familiar with the essential preparation for delivering THE cup of coffee. I will never ever look at the coffee machine and my coffee the same way again!”
“One of the luckiest things that has ever happened to me is stumbling across Jim Watson through a Google search for ‘barista training in Scotland’. I honestly feel as though Jim cares as much about the success of my business as I do. Jim gives 110% to everything he does and I would recommend his training without reservation. Support from Jim does not stop when the training session ends, he’s always at the end of a phone and nothing seems to be too much bother, a rare quality these days!”